Risperdal Side Effects Attorneys
Risperidone, marketed under the name Risperdal by Janssen, is an anti-psychotic drug approved to treat schizophrenia in adults and teenagers 13 years and older, episodes of mania in adults and children 10 years and older with bipolar disorder and behavioral problems in children 5-16 years of age with autism.
Unfortunately, Risperdal has also been prescribed for many off label uses, especially in children, and causes numerous dangerous and detrimental side effects. Some of Risperdal’s side effects include:
- Weight gain
- Difficulty falling asleep or staying asleep
- Decreased sexual interest or ability
- Breast milk production
- Gynecomastia (especially in young men)
- Vision problems
- Muscle or joint pain
- Unusual movements of your face or body that you cannot control
- Painful erections lasting hours
- Neuroleptic malignant syndrome (NMS)
Some of these side effects can cause irreversible psychological or physical damage, especially when experienced by children.
If you or a loved one has experienced any of these side effects, you may be entitled to compensation. Please contact one of our experienced Risperdal side effects attorneys today for your free case evaluation.